Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fusion......Fusion?

I was raised on Hillbilly music through my dad. Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline... and, my mom loved Your Hit Parade Music; Rosie Clooney, Gogi Grant, Frank Sinatra, and she fell for Elvis BIGTIME the first time we saw him on TV, one Sunday night.
When I was a teenager, it was totally Rock & Roll. I hated Country music! Wouldn't you know; I married a C& W Guitar Picker! LOL
But I have always just loved music and the History of music. The first music they pretty well know of and have been able to pin down, ironically enough was made with Russian Steppes Mastodon skull drums and others of their bones as sticks. Markings made on a few of the skulls with red ocher etc seem to point to a percussion sounding board . How cool is it that this Url will lead you to Russian/Irish/African Fusion/melding of those sounds!? Please enjoy. Crone or not, I am still on the prowl for cool music....Be Bop a Lula, Ya'll! :)

Their Site keeps showing up as an illegal address, but I get to it each time, It won't post correctly on this Blog, grrrrrrr. It's worth a listen if you enjoy music melding! :)
VOICE Of RUSSIA, Festival Ethnodrive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you dropped in! Enjoy and comment or don't enjoy and comment, nicely!